Thursday, April 25, 2013

“I’m the female version of my dad – Dominique Oputa says

BUY A LINK HERE

BUY A LINK ON OUR PAGE/ADVERTISE WITH US

“I’m the female version of my dad – Dominique Oputa says


IMG_9033Dominique Oputa is the last child of the areafada himself, Charly Boy. She currently lives in Atlanta where she’s studying Fashion and Design in the University of Arts Institute. Her dream is to become a famous designer some day. Like her famous dad, Dominique has tattoos and piercings and is very fearless. In this interview with New Wave Productions, she talks about her life in the US, her father and his influence in her life. See it after the cut…

Are you happy to be home; would you settle in Nigeria or you would finally settle abroad?
This will always be home for me, at least, it’s comforting to know one is with family, and I am glad to be home. I missed home, mum and dad. Things may not be what it should be, but home is it. There were too many things I took for granted before I left, but now I know better. When I’m done with schooling, I will be back home, to do my own thing too, even though, the weather is killing me right now”.
 You are a child of two different cultures, how do you cope?
 When I was home, I grew up fast; I had that independent spirit, so I’m coping real good. I am working now and schooling, I simply just thank God. Growing up with my parents kept me on the straight and narrow path, trust Dad, we all know how strict he gets sometimes, although I am old enough, I guess in his eyes, I will forever remain his baby. However growing up in Nigeria, prepared me for my independence. Nigerian children are more grounded than the Americans. We mature quicker and early enough to start taking responsibilities.

BUY A LINK HERE

BUY A LINK ON OUR PAGE/ADVERTISE WITH US

No comments:

Post a Comment