Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wyclef Jean And Friends Discusses New Video For “Apirl Showers” To Stop Gun Violence

BUY A LINK


BUY A LINK/ADVERTISE WITH US
Wyclef Jean And Friends Discusses New Video For “Apirl Showers” To Stop Gun Violence
www.rawraggzmuzik.blogspot.com
Gun violence is an epidemic in our communities. Too many people are dying because of gun violence and America is at a crossroads with how things should be handled. With all the recent shootings and gun-related incidents, gun violence is one of the top topics of our country. How do we stop these heinous and horrible crimes before it happens again?
Wyclef Jean, hip-hop artist and international activist, is taking a stand in his April Showers mixtape against some of the lingering problems that stain our communities, destroying our families and corrupting our lives. In the video for “April Showers,” which has yet to be released, Clef combats gun violence, illustrating the message to “burying” your guns and bring forth new beginnings. He calls on a bunch of New York hip-hop artists and friends to help spread this important message.
wyclef_10
Wyclef Jean
On the inspiration behind the video: “The inspiration is really the entire mixtape, which is called April Showers and its sort of my letter to hip-hop, and this is one of the issues that I address. The song “April Showers” is the idea of firearms and it’s not really just a hood thing, but a worldwide thing. How do we really get kids to start to think? Not just to kill one another, not just to use the piece of steel as a tool of defense.”
“So this video is sort of like…I remember back in the day, Michael Concepcion’s “We All In The Same Gangs.” I used to see these kind of records growing up and for me I just felt like in our modern time I seen guns in video but I never seen the idea of showing the alternative.”
“For me, my whole life, this is what I’m about. I started out with The Fugees, Fugees being short for refugees. The idea of how refugees are being treated around the world. Now, seeing what I done with Haiti and different parts, after I put a president in place and coming back here, saying I am going to do music. What are the issues that are dear to my heart? One was the issue of guns and I wanted to address it head on the mixtape.”
On who is responsible for gun violence in America: “I think that the idea of art when you look at rap or hip-hop, it is always going to reflect what’s going on in the communities, so if you want the message to change you have to change the communities. Who’s your mayor? Who’s your councilman? What’s the borough you’re from? Who are you voting for? If you’re paying taxes, what’s the fiscal budget? What’s the budget that’s actually supposed to go into the community? So a lot of people saying it’s the parents, but its hard for a parent to raise a child, especially a single mother, when she lives in a community where she can’t find an environment to put something in their stomach.”
wyclef_bro
Sedeck Jean
On the message of the video: “Well, this song is strictly about a better life. Life isn’t all about violence and kill, kill, kill and guns, guns, guns. You see what’s going on in the world with guns that’s sort of what made us come up with this concept. Just bury the guns and bloom up some flowers. Whenever you bury something you always get a lot out of it. April showers bring May flowers.”




BUY A LINK


BUY A LINK/ADVERTISE WITH US

No comments:

Post a Comment