Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lauryn Hill Tax Evasion Case: Singer Claims 'Threats' Were The Reason She Stopped Paying Taxes

BUY A LINK


Lauryn Hill Tax Evasion Case: Singer Claims 'Threats' Were The Reason She Stopped Paying Taxes

Lauryn Hill Tax Evasion Charges

After pleading guilty to not paying federal taxes on more than $1.5 million over three years, Lauryn Hill has reportedly filed court documents in response to her charges.
According to TMZ, the documents claim that Hill stopped paying taxes "when she withdrew from society at large due to what she perceived as manipulation and very real threats to herself and her family."
While the documents didn’t reveal exactly what the threats were, the eight-time Grammy award winner alluded to the incident in a post on her Tumblr page last year, explaining that she chose to put the safety of her family first.
Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual. I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.
Hill is asking for probation prior to her April 22 sentencing where she faces a maximum of one year in prison and $100,000 in fines for each count.



BUY A LINK/ADVERTISE WITH US

No comments:

Post a Comment