Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mark Kamins Dead: DJ-Producer Who Dated And Discovered Madonna Dies At 57

Mark Kamins Dead: DJ-Producer Who Dated And Discovered Madonna Dies At 57 DJ and producer Mark Kamins, who discovered Madonna before she signed a record deal, has died. He was 57. A source close to Kamins confirmed his death to Billboard. According to reports, he suffered a "massive coronary” in Guadalajara, Mexico, where he has been teaching. Kamins had allegedly been struggling with heart problems for the past few months. Kamins took Madonna under his wing in 1982, passing her demo on to Sire Records executive Seymour Stein, who quickly signed her. The rest, of course, is now pop music history. Kamins, who also produced her single “Everybody," was also the first in a line of high-profile Madonna romances. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Madonna says: "I'm very sorry to hear about Marks death. I haven't seen him for years but if it weren't for him, I might not have had a singing career. He was the first DJ to play my demos before I had a record deal. He believed in me before anyone else did. I owe him a lot. May he Rest in Peace." Kamins is survived by his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment